Do buyers in Florida commercial real estate transactions fare better when they have a commercial agent or broker representing them in deals than when they do not? OVERALL, THE ANSWER IS YES! The statistical data proves this to be particularly true in the Bradenton and Sarasota Florida commercial real estate markets, where almost seventy percent (70%) of all Buyers and Tenants try to go it alone without representation and thirty percent (30%) of those actually end up paying full price. Roughly only 30% overall, actually engage a real estate professional to represent them. Buyers and Tenants who try to negotiate deals on their own, very often “leave money on the table” and most say afterwards that they did so because they were either intimidated by the process or didn’t have the time to work on it. So what do Buyers and Tenants who actually hire representational agents mention most often about their experience after the deal closes?
1. THEY SAVED MONEY! SOME EVEN ADMIT TO GETTING A BETTER OVERALL DEAL THAN IF THEY WOULD HAVE HANDLED THE TRANSACTION THEMSELVES!
2. THEY SAVED TIME! THE CLIENT KEPT THEIR DAY JOB AND THEIR AGENT DID MOST OF THE HEAVY LIFTING BY BIRD-DOGGING ALL AVAILABLE PROPERTIES.
3. THEY DEALT WITH AND THROUGH THEIR AGENT ONLY! THEY DIDN’T HAVE SEVERAL LISTING AGENTS CALLING THEM UP ALL THE TIME.
4. THEIR AGENT PROVIDED A LONG LIST OF BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS FROM WHICH THE CLIENT COULD CHOOSE FROM TO OBTAIN SERVICES. BIG TIME SAVER!
5. THE CLIENT HAD A FIDUCIARY RELATIONSHIP WITH THEIR AGENT THAT PROVIDED SOMEONE TO CONFIDE IN AND TALK TO DURING THE TRANSACTION.
6. IN MOST CASES, IT ENDED UP COSTING BUYERS AND TENANTS ZERO DOLLARS TO HIRE A REPRESENTATIONAL AGENT, SINCE MOST FLORIDA AGENTS ARE COMPENSATED FROM THE LISTING AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE LISTING AGENT AND THE PROPERTY OWNER.